Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
XboxGuy
MIA

vBookie Cash: $2300

Big Grin 2008 Bullitt Mustang Pics and Specs

Dude... I am a huge fan of the Bullitt movie. And ever since the new S197 Mustang came out I have thought that it would be great for them to do another Bullitt version. Don't get me wrong the 01 was cool but nothing major.

Check this out though...

For tons of more pictures and the article go Here for Pictures and Here for the story
Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
LS1 Mopar Turbo MMC Arcade Champ!
VW Sucks!!

vBookie Cash: $2830

I like the last one better. Looks to much like a V6. Don't like the grill or no spoiler.

I do like the rims and the color though.
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
1998 Buick Regal GS
LS1 Mopar Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
No Rice Allowed MMC Arcade Champ!
Instigator

vBookie Cash: $280

I always thought the V6's looked better, wasn't much of a spoiler/body kit fan and I like the luxury a bit for the interior...Smooth, Slick and mean...I Like it!
No Rice Allowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
XboxGuy
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 Mopar Turbo
I like the last one better. Looks to much like a V6. Don't like the grill or no spoiler.

I do like the rims and the color though.

This one looks a LOT more like the 68 from the movie. That car didn't have anything in the grill and it didn't have a spoiler. It was like a stripped down Mustang and I think this new one pulls that look off very well. I mean let's face it, the car (Mustang) is so well known that it doesn't need badges on it anyway.

The seats in the new car are GT500 seats along with the GT500 steering wheel. One cool thing I have read says that they used DVD's of the movie to tune the exhaust of the new car so that it would sound like the 68 in the movie.

I am seriously considering trading the 05 for this car when it gets here. I love that clean and mean look.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

vBookie Cash: $500

Oh gosh. Oh my. Oh snap. I want it!

That looks awesome!! I've never really gotten worked up much over new cars or special editions, but I want that one! I can't explain it...but that would be sweet!

You going to get any of those in at your dealership? If so, you better believe I'm going to come check it out! How much would you give on a trade-in with my Jeep?
bl3wbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
Grape Ape MMC Arcade Champ!
Been there, thought that

vBookie Cash: $200

I'd really like it with another 100hp. Otherwise, it's just another Mustang to me. A 32V engine would be helpful.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
XboxGuy
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
I'd really like it with another 100hp. Otherwise, it's just another Mustang to me. A 32V engine would be helpful.

Yeah that would be nice. It looks like it will use the same FRPP stuff as the Shelby GT BUT they have finally gotten on top of their game with the tuning. It will be able to run on regular fuel, not just prem. fuel. From what I have read the computer can detect what fuel is in the car and it can adjust to that fuel.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #8
Been there, thought that

They have the technology to "know the fuel" and adjust. I don't think that's all too good, but whatever. If they want a real buzz, they should use more hp, as it ALWAYS works. It will get ugly for Ford when the new Camaro and/or Challenger make their way to showrooms across America. They'll have little hope these days of staying on top if they continue to lack power against competitors.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #9
XboxGuy
MIA

Quote:
They have the technology to "know the fuel" and adjust. I don't think that's all too good, but whatever. If they want a real buzz, they should use more hp, as it ALWAYS works. It will get ugly for Ford when the new Camaro and/or Challenger make their way to showrooms across America. They'll have little hope these days of staying on top if they continue to lack power against competitors.

Word is Ford has been using Roush to test a new "prototype" engine that displaces at LEAST 7 liters and makes massive amounts of power. The engine is supposed to show up in the 09 F-150 and then make it to the 09 Mustang or 2010 Mustang.

A couple of Mustang mags have had some articles on it.

But I still don't think the lack of power will hurt the Mustang as much as you are making out. Hell the car had been outpowered by GM for years... yet still out sold them. By no means am I saying that Ford is right... but I don't think it will hurt the Mustang in the long run. Ford will have time to up the power.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #10
Been there, thought that

The reason I think it will hurt isn't just that others offer more power, but the entire market is stepping up power, even in pickups and family sedans. Along with that, the price of the Mustang has steadily risen and it's getting to the ends of its means for most buyers as far as I can see. I know I have no interest in paying the current price for a new one, let alone knowing I can get other nice cars for the same money or less.

If Ford honestly looks at the market, they'll see things like the ZO6 selling for about $70,000 running strong against the likes of the former GT and better(by longshot) than the similarly priced(thanks to dealer markup) GT500 and "427" Mustangs. They could produce a 400-425hp Mustang in the correct price range, under 45K and step up efforts to prevent dealers from costing sales with outrageous markups. The Chevy C6 performs on the level of the GT500 without effort, largely due to the fact, GT500's are about 800 lb too heavy... It stickers around 50K with options and just over 46K without. Seeing that, why would I spend the same for a Ford? I won't.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #11
An11SecRanger
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $500

Quote:
about 800 lb too heavy

I'd say that's the biggist factor to me.
It wasn't a big deal when the Mustang was rated at 225hp and it weighed 3300 lbs. But now that the Mustang weighs about 450,000 lbs., it's a bit of an issue.
Ford needs to do something to get my attention in this market.
I think the new Mustang is a nice car, it looks cool and (considering it's weight) it actually handles fairly well (way better that the FOX chassis).
However, it is a pig and needs a serious diet. I'd like to see more hp under the hood, but I'd like to see the Shelby GT500 weigh under 3,400 lbs, first.
The Mustang's interior (I like it's lay-out, but it) is small in the back seat area. I have kids and that small back seat is the reason I didn't buy a new Mustang for my wife instead of the Focus.
IMHO, if a car weighs that much, it should have a roomier back seat. Actually, I just think it should be easier to get into.
Oh well, I'll just wait to see how the next CamEro pans out.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
Been there, thought that

There are things Ford could do to lighten the Mustang. We know this because there are lighter cars out there. With todays available materials, this car could weigh 3,200 with little trouble. Instead, it tips the scales at closer to 4,000 in GT500 form.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An11SecRanger
I'd say that's the biggist factor to me.
It wasn't a big deal when the Mustang was rated at 225hp and it weighed 3300 lbs. But now that the Mustang weighs about 450,000 lbs., it's a bit of an issue.
Ford needs to do something to get my attention in this market.
I think the new Mustang is a nice car, it looks cool and (considering it's weight) it actually handles fairly well (way better that the FOX chassis).
However, it is a pig and needs a serious diet. I'd like to see more hp under the hood, but I'd like to see the Shelby GT500 weigh under 3,400 lbs, first.
The Mustang's interior (I like it's lay-out, but it) is small in the back seat area. I have kids and that small back seat is the reason I didn't buy a new Mustang for my wife instead of the Focus.
IMHO, if a car weighs that much, it should have a roomier back seat. Actually, I just think it should be easier to get into.
Oh well, I'll just wait to see how the next CamEro pans out.

Yeah but how much safier is it because of the weight? The new Stang has been getting 5 stars across the board in many test.... Less weight could mean more of a chance not to survive the big one.....depends on where the weight is added....
Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #14
LS1 Mopar Turbo MMC Arcade Champ!
VW Sucks!!

vBookie Cash: $2830

I would rather die than have a heavy car....
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
1998 Buick Regal GS
LS1 Mopar Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1 Mopar Turbo
I would rather die than have a heavy car....

Tell that to your wife and kids...