Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
Grape Ape MMC Arcade Champ!
Been there, thought that

vBookie Cash: $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleAce
Fortunately I caught it before it did any damage to the engine; just the bearings failed on the turbo. It could've come apart and trashed the engine with debris!

That's obviously quite important... and it saved a bunch of time.

Quote:
Another GREAT thing about this truck is the APU is plumbed into the truck's cooling system so it cycles coolant through the engine to keep the block warm.

Yup, and of course it charges the batteries as it works.

Quote:
I stayed at the Petro; the TA has too many 'vermin' (lot lizards, panhandlers, hitchhikers, etc...)

Hmm... Didn't notice riff-raff at the T/A, but then, I was there with my gal and had little time to notice much else. Besides, we weren't there for days, just a day here and there. The only bummer we really noticed was the lot needing major repairs. It was ROUGH, like so many others.

I did a load swap in a "no name" truck stop 8 times over the week plus before Christmas. There were pot holes in that place big enough to bottom out any truck passing through. They actually put up iron bars(rebar) with orange flags on them to warn drivers of the worst spots. It may have been the worst I've ever stopped in, but that was the 1/2 way point, so we dealt with it.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #17
Been there, thought that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20#GSX
that's fucking disgusting i hope you know you probably killed about 10,000 ground squirells while idleing you dumb fuck.

That was was ridiculously lame, even from your characters point of view...

To think, she could've killed 20,000 if only she hadn't used the APU instead of the engine.

Just keep in mind, someone like you couldn't eat for 3 without trucks rollin' rollin' rollin'... And without trucks, there'd be no way to get all the parts your wannabe car breaks all the time, to your hood...er... housing development... er... crib(where you do all the whining from, no doubt).

My only real question is, why carry on this charade?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #18
EagleAce
Ricer-hating truck driver

vBookie Cash: $500

Quote:
that's fucking disgusting i hope you know you probably killed about 10,000 ground squirells while idleing you dumb fuck.

Hell, I've ran over more of the little bastards on the road!! And I haven't idled since AUGUST, you dumbass shit-fer-brains wannabe RICER!! I have NO NEED to idle this truck as it has an AUXILIARY POWER UNIT! you know, a small engine that uses a FRACTION of the fuel that the main engine uses, to run an a/c compressor and an alternator! Hell, the APU on this truck can even outrun your POS!!

Quote:
I did a load swap in a "no name" truck stop 8 times over the week plus before Christmas. There were pot holes in that place big enough to bottom out any truck passing through. They actually put up iron bars(rebar) with orange flags on them to warn drivers of the worst spots. It may have been the worst I've ever stopped in, but that was the 1/2 way point, so we dealt with it.

Yikes! where was this??

Last edited by EagleAce : 12-29-2009 at 10:27 PM.
EagleAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
20#GSX
faster than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
That was was ridiculously lame, even from your characters point of view...

To think, she could've killed 20,000 if only she hadn't used the APU instead of the engine.

Just keep in mind, someone like you couldn't eat for 3 without trucks rollin' rollin' rollin'... And without trucks, there'd be no way to get all the parts your wannabe car breaks all the time, to your hood...er... housing development... er... crib(where you do all the whining from, no doubt).

My only real question is, why carry on this charade?

this aint no charade fuck breath. unlike you i care about the environment and get so tired of seeing it abused and people killing off our planet like you global warming must be stopped while we have a chance and people like you seem to actually enjoy killing off the planet. one day you might wish you had done more to protect the environment like when we have 140 summer temps if we don't do something about it cuz this could really happen one day.
16G turbo,Apex front mount intercooler,fuel pump upgrade,550CC injectors,20# boost with 110 octane,k&n intake,3" down pipe,GReddy catback,electronic boost control,H&R springs,GAB shocks, RRE rear swaybar, Toyo Proxes RA-1's 225/50/16's on Prime 16X7 alloys.
1/4 mile run: 11.631@119.37
You may not like me but your mama sure does!
20#GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #20
mitdr774

Global warming as a result of people has already been disproved. Even the EPA says its a joke. The APU is used do that the big engine DOES NOT HAVE TO IDLE. Get it through the thick fat around what may or may not be a brain in your head.

140* temps may help you burn off some fat, so it might not be that bad of a thing after all. I think Im going to go let my pickup idle all night. May even do the same with the car that has not had a catalytic converter on it for who knows how many years. Just for your healths sake.
mitdr774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #21
Been there, thought that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleAce
Yikes! where was this??

Fairly small town called Marshall, TX. It's about 17miles west of the LA border and 20 runs right through there. Outta Shreveport, into a better place in general. That said, the TS wasn't something to write home about.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #22
Been there, thought that

Quote:
this aint no charade fuck breath.

Your entire BEING is a charade!

Quote:
unlike you i care about the environment and get so tired of seeing it abused and people killing off our planet like you global warming must be stopped while we have a chance and people like you seem to actually enjoy killing off the planet. one day you might wish you had done more to protect the environment like when we have 140 summer temps if we don't do something about it cuz this could really happen one day.

If you care about the environment so much, why have you NEVER bothered to learn anything ABOUT the environment?

You're tired... EXERCISE... You'll gain energy.

Global warming has existed since the dawn of the planet. Not you, nor any other person has a moments chance of ever stopping, or even slowing global warming. It IS a fact of life and facts cannot be changed. Global fooling is also a fact... Can you remember the past 10yrs? We've had progressively(there's a word you'll like) COOLER winters for 11yrs in a row now... And we've had terribly rough winters as of late. Did you know(of course you didn't) that it SNOWED on December 24th and 25th and 28th in DALLAS, TEXAS this yr? It was said to have been the 1st "White Christmas" in Dallas since 1974, not that you'd remember 1974... Snow in Dallas on Christmas day... Yeah man, that "global warming's" a bitch...

In December 2008, a storm passed across northern America which created a basic ice sheet over much of the northern part of our nation. Roughly half of all people in Illinois were without power for days and before the thing was over, some 9 FEET of snow had fallen around Bufalo, New York. In 2009, several temperature records in the LOW column were reset, again... In October of 2009, SKI RESORTS opened in Colorado and as I heard it, it was the earliest they'd opened in over 20yrs. ALL because of "man-made" global warming... Which clearly does not exist.

Were "man-made global warming" a reality, and it is not, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, it won't matter to me because I won't live long enough for that. Neither will you, even if you lived to 1,000.

140 degree temperatures ALREADY occur and... we live. Clues are basically free these days. Just grab one and learn.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #23
merczephyr MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $400

Wichita Falls had their first white Christmas in 83 years. We still have some of the snow on the ground.
for fear the devil would chop off their heads...
merczephyr is offline   Reply With Quote