Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > Tech > General Motors
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
captainks

vBookie Cash: $500

Default Seat leans back too far... ideas?

Anyone got any thots?
My drivers-seat is leaning too far back for neck-comfort and it's driving me nuts.

To help with your "up front" questions... read the setup below because it's Not a case of me just not having something "adjusted right"...

MY EQUIP: I've got a 2002 Transam with the motorized (6-way adjustable-seat) with: 1 "pull" seat-angle-adjustment-lever on the side and, 1 "pull" rear-passenger-entry lever on the back.

SETUP: 1) The "tilt" feature for my seat is adjusted to be tilted almost ALL the way forward that it can go. 2) The left-side lever (adjusts the seat-angle) is adjusted for the seat to be in the Up-Most position (I can adjust it back, but cannot go any further forward).

PROBLEM: I'm still leaning back a ways and my neck's starting to give me grief.

NOTE: Previously, I could've Sworn that the seat adjusted 1-more-notch UP than it is now (which was still too far back), but I'm not totally sure about that.

QUESTION: Does anyone know: 1) An adjustment that can be made?, or 2) a mechanical-suggestion that I might try without causing harm to the seat?

Thanks in advance!

Kurt
captainme12@hotmail.com
captainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
xXsilencerXx
98' Trans Am

vBookie Cash: $500

Mine's a 98' and I don't any problems with the seat. It leans back but I like the leaning far back like that. I just can't put my head on the headrest for very long because of how much my car vibrates. I swear one of the tires is out of balance or something with all that vibrating, but they tell me its all fine.