Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > Site Related > Polls
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

View Poll Results: Who rules?
Ford 107 31.85%
GM 163 48.51%
Mopar 42 12.50%
AMC 7 2.08%
Mah Honduh foo! 17 5.06%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2003, 07:15 PM   #16
EvilLS1 MMC Arcade Champ!
Administrator

vBookie Cash: $14300

Quote:
Originally posted by dprawl
Hey, I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with a chevy boy! Just look at the history! (:
But, just for your info, Ford had the V8 long before chevy!

Well I'm not really in the mood to get into a pissing contest with another brand loyal FERD boy either, but you better re-check your history. The first Chevy V8 was built in 1917. Not like that has anything to do with this subject anyway, but you brought it up.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:53 PM   #17
dprawl

vBookie Cash: $500

Well, chevy boy, I'm talking about a production V8! Not somthing that was used in the back room to pump crap out of your pants trying to keep up with FORD!
dprawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #18
Administrator

Quote:
Well, chevy boy, I'm talking about a production V8! Not somthing that was used in the back room to pump crap out of your pants trying to keep up with FORD!

Oh, now you change your story.. Whatever.

Take off the blinders kid.. Unlike you, I'm not a brand loyal idiot and I happen to like what Ford has been doing lately. But they ain't all that.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:37 PM   #19
dprawl

Your not brand loyal?:roll: Just out of curiosity, please enlighten us all with your guru knowledge by explaining what the relationship is between brand loyalty and I.Q.?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:55 PM   #20
Administrator

Quote:
Your not brand loyal?:roll: Just out of curiosity, please enlighten us all with your guru knowledge by explaining what the relationship is between brand loyalty and I.Q.?

No, I'm not brand loyal.. If you'd stop kissing Ford's ass for a few minutes and take a look at my homepage you'd notice that my last car was a hopped up 5.0 Mustang, I currently own an F-150, and I've even had a few imports before that. And if GM doesn't come up with something that I like for under 30k my next car will probably be a 2005 Mustang (if it looks like the concept). So as you can see, I'm not brand loyal at all.. If it looks good and performs good I'll buy it if the price is right.

The releationship between being brand loyal and being an idiot? Their isn't one. Being brand loyal isn't so bad, but thinking that your "brand" is gods gift to automobiles and that everything else sucks makes you an idiot.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #21
dprawl

OK, Ford is the best! And that has nothing to do with my I.Q.! Or yours, or anyone else's!
Every damn chevy boy out there dreams of owning a FORD! It's American heritage at its Sunday best!
And don't put any damn labels on me! I've owned more Corvette's than probably anybody on this web site!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #22
Administrator

Quote:
OK, Ford is the best!
Every damn chevy boy out there dreams of owning a FORD! It's American heritage at its Sunday best!

Ok, whatever you say kiddo. But has it ever crossed your mind that if all us "chevy boys" dream of owning a Ford that we would have just bought one? Its not like they're expensive.

Quote:
And don't put any damn labels on me!

If I put any labels on you its because you've earned them.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:39 AM   #23
dprawl

EGO & PRIDE won't let you! (:
Can't believe your Georgia ass is still up!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:43 AM   #24
Administrator

Quote:
EGO & PRIDE won't let you! (:
Can't believe your Georgia ass is still up!

No ego here.. I work second shift and sleep durring the day.. I'll be up until atleast 7:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:08 AM   #25
dprawl

You gotta get the last word in, don't ya!
By the way, my I.Q. was measured in 1960 in Cobb County at Kennesaw, GA. elementary. I was in the 4th grade. My I.Q. is 126. I don't think that is Idiot level! FYI
Old 07-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #26
Slow Nova MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $4300

Quote:
You gotta get the last word in, don't ya!
By the way, my I.Q. was measured in 1960 in Cobb County at Kennesaw, GA. elementary. I was in the 4th grade. My I.Q. is 126. I don't think that is Idiot level! FYI

So...you were supposedly smart back when you were 9 years old. I took a similar test in the 4th grade also...I scored "13th Grade" level reading, and "10th grade" level math according to the test. 2 years later I was in special education.

Just because you scored well on a test over 40 years ago doesn't make you smart today. You must be around 52 or 53 (if you were in 4th grade in '60), but you sound like a friggin 12 year old.

Is it wrong to have PRIDE when you've spent days, months, or maybe YEARS building or working on a car, no matter when label is on it?

IMO, people that are brand loyal ARE idiots for the most part, usually living in the past..."My grandmother's cousins niece owned a '83 Chevy Celebrity, and it just plain SUCKED...so ALL Chevy's SUCK."

Or as Steve would say, "In 1970 the Dodge HEMI RULED, so all dodge's RULE...a new stock Dakota can beat a new stock Mustang GT!"

Ford has made some nice cars in the past, and they make some nice cars now. So did/does Chevy. You'd have to be pretty closed-minded not to realize this.

IMO, Fords sucked in the 70's, chevy's sucked in the 80's. Does that make either one of them suck today?

Evil "Hit It " right on the head with this quote
Quote:
But has it ever crossed your mind that if all us "chevy boys" dream of owning a Ford that we would have just bought one? Its not like they're expensive.

If your ego is steering you toward a specific brand during a major purchase, like a car, then you've got issues.
'98 Explorer 5.0
No more Slow Nova
Slow Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #27
chevynut

ford may have had the v8 before chevy which is insignificant because cadillac had it before either of them and please dont say the flat head was 1st cause in 1915 caddy had the 1st american v8
chevynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:15 PM   #28
pointer311

Well, my 96 z28 has 289000 miles and runs like its brand new, never had to do anything to it, doesnt drip and ounce of fluid either, this car has held up well and will go for another 200000 if it goes the way its going, so gm means quality. When a ford makes it past 150000 with out a problem give me a call.
pointer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:39 AM   #29
mercuryblues88

my 88 Cougar went to 218000 mi. before I broke it. and it never had a major prob. even with the 3.8L so what was your number again? J/K ....BTW I overheated it ....oops!!!
mercuryblues88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:42 AM   #30
yoshi

gm is realy gay and realy does suck
yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote