Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > Site Related > Polls
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

View Poll Results: Who rules?
Ford 107 31.85%
GM 163 48.51%
Mopar 42 12.50%
AMC 7 2.08%
Mah Honduh foo! 17 5.06%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2004, 07:33 PM   #46
MOPARCRAZY

vBookie Cash: $500

chevy is good, but when comes to class: mopar by far.
MOPARCRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:40 PM   #47
slick 60

obvously dodges suck thats a given chevys are ugly and week so that leaves one left [B][I]ford Duh!!!!!!![U]
slick 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #48
65DartFreak
Hemi Orange - Black Hood

Default Who rules??

Sort of depends what I' m driving at the time - When I drive the Dart = MOPAR rules.
The Mustang ('72 460) . . .
And the 'Vette ('73 454) I like 'em all!
65DartFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:03 PM   #49
67mustangrocks
American Muscles

You know what I only would go for a ford mustang. Other than that Ford truck suck. Dodge will always be the best!!!!!!!!!! Now What?
67mustangrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #50
Grape Ape MMC Arcade Champ!
Been there, thought that

vBookie Cash: $200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67mustangrocks
You know what I only would go for a ford mustang. Other than that Ford truck suck. Dodge will always be the best!!!!!!!!!! Now What?

What is this, bring back old posts week? Anyway, Dodge trucks PALE in comparison to Ford and that's not just said because I prefer Fords, but because I've owned both and actually KNOW the difference. Fact is, trucks need a strong frame, as well as engine and transmission. While I like the Dodge idea of Cummins' power, and the transmission isn't bad, Fords' V8 diesel is at least as good, and the trans is considerably upgraded these days. Most importantly, the Ford frame is far stronger and the truck simply feels stronger in general...because it is. That's what! Btw, the new Super Duty F-350 has a 5,800 lb CARGO capacity! Dodge isn't even close. As Ford says... "Who's your Daddy NOW!"

In test after test of heavy duty pickups, Ford wins.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:52 PM   #51
67mustangrocks
American Muscles

Well my dad ownes a 1988 Ford Truck, he is constantly fixing it. My mom ownes a 1985 Chevy truck and she has no problem with it. Now my brother ownes a 1981 Dodge truck and he fixes it once a year. Okay now compare that. All these trucks are used weekly. Now think about that, .
Old 10-28-2004, 06:06 PM   #52
Been there, thought that

I have a 93/5 Ford that likely has more miles and more abuse than any owned by the fine folks in your family. No troubles to speak of.

Both my Dodge trucks had problems, the latter having gone through SIX transmissions in under 100,000 miles. That's just wrong. Even my Ford has only gotten 2, with well over 150,000 miles on it.

I never had real issues with a Chevy/GMC, except they tended to lose traction with any serious load on them, went through brake light switches far too often, and needed constant tuning. Well, there was the one that caught fire, but not GM's fault really..

If you think I'm uneducated enough to believe anybody who owns a 1981 Dodge that's driven daily(I noticed you said weekly) and only needs to repair it once a year, you're VERY "wet behind the ears."

Regularly driven vehicles require maintenance on regular intervals. No exceptions. I drive alot, and change the oil, for example, every 5,000 miles or so. Since June, I've changed the oil 3 times. It simply needs doing. If your brother drives a full year between changes, expect that Dodge to finish falling apart fairly soon.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:30 PM   #53
67mustangrocks
American Muscles

Okay I have to admit that this past week the Dodge gave up on us. And the Ford sitting there in the garage. Long live the Dodge. All of these trucks have been through a lot in the past years. We used it to haul wood in the winter, and every day use. Then again there are issues with any type of truck.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:52 PM   #54
Spenser01 MMC Arcade Champ!
Project Builder

vBookie Cash: $160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer311
Well, my 96 z28 has 289000 miles and runs like its brand new, never had to do anything to it, doesnt drip and ounce of fluid either, this car has held up well and will go for another 200000 if it goes the way its going, so gm means quality. When a ford makes it past 150000 with out a problem give me a call.

Sorry But im afraid ur a dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spenser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:39 AM   #55
drummerafn

gm kicks ass
drummerafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #56
rapter007

hey i aint been on in a mo
nth
rapter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #57
john arroyo

chevy owners have no fear nor ford or mopar can compete with excellance it maybe true tthat ford may have come up with the v8 before chevy but when they saw all the mustakes they made chevy pefected it andthat my friends is real history and we just keep on makeing it better or don't any body watch nascar look at the numbers theres a reson most drivers are switching to chevy they now what it takes to win!!
john arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #58
Been there, thought that

Quote:
Originally Posted by john arroyo
chevy owners have no fear nor ford or mopar can compete with excellance it maybe true tthat ford may have come up with the v8 before chevy but when they saw all the mustakes they made chevy pefected it andthat my friends is real history and we just keep on makeing it better or don't any body watch nascar look at the numbers theres a reson most drivers are switching to chevy they now what it takes to win!!

Hmm... So which brand won the points championship last season? NASCAR shouldn't be equated to "what it takes to win" in the 1st place, but certainly not in the case of GM, which fields more cars than all otehr brands and doesn't take most top spots. Ford outsells GM in America, and has for nearly 2 decades now. That's "what it takes" in the eyes of those companies and Ford happens to have it.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #59
Spenser01 MMC Arcade Champ!
Project Builder

vBookie Cash: $160

Big Grin ya

ya :boids:
Spenser01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #60
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

Man, this whole thread is majorly stupid. And don't ask me how I JUST NOW saw this poll on the home page.

I think it's time for a new poll.

P.S. Chevy RULES!!!!
bl3wbyu is offline   Reply With Quote