Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
An11SecRanger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,634
vBookie Cash: $500

Default Differences between Conservatives and Liberals

I don't know if I missed this or not, so here goes ...




Differences between Conservatives and Liberals:



If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.



If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.



If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.

A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.



If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.



If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as independently successful.

Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.



If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.



If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don’t like be shut down.



If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

Unless it’s a foreign religion, of course!



If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.



If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is embarrassed.

If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor and then sues.



If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".
__________________
Mine might be a POS, but I like it.
One of my favorite clichés is "When the green light pops, the bullshyt stops!"
An11SecRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
65fairlane MMC Arcade Champ!
Idiot
 
65fairlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,824
vBookie Cash: $24200

Default

I tend to be a bit liberal on a lot of issues, however I see a lot of truth in this. I didn't really laugh but I cracked a smile which is pretty good for me.
65fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
StoneFox
lizzard shit
 
StoneFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 2,313
vBookie Cash: $1350

Default

Im glad it said conservative and liberal instead of Democrat and Republican......
StoneFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
skeezix
Resident railfan.
 
skeezix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: West Chezzetcook,N.S.
Posts: 7,435
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

Liberals up here are usually people who are pretty easy going and believe in live and let live. The liberals as a political party are a bunch of blathering idiots.

Conservatives up here are seen as traditionalists who don't really want a change, if it works. The conservative political party wants nothing more than to make the rich, richer and for people trying to earn a living to go on welfare and die.

I'm liberal-minded but don't believe in changing shit if it works. Guess I'm sitting on the fence.
__________________
"Ain't capitalism grand?"

2010 Pontiac G5 sedan
1977 Malibu Classic 2dr., 'Rhiannon' R.I.P. (still out there somewhere)
1986 GMC 1/2-ton, 'Gus' -for sale
skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Markass
Veteran
 
Markass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Halifax
Posts: 2,457
vBookie Cash: $25

Default

My sigline on another forum:

"i like guns, knives and having a job. so i vote conservative"
__________________
I love penis
Markass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
StoneFox
lizzard shit
 
StoneFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Houston Area
Posts: 2,313
vBookie Cash: $1350

Default

Democrats and Republicans both just do whatever the people with the money want them to do...... I personally don't see much difference between the two. Neither give two shits about the country they are responsible for. They only care about keeping their party in control and lining their pockets.

As far as liberal or conservative goes, I'm pretty neutral.

As far as democrat or republican......Killem all and lets start the fuck over
StoneFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
An11SecRanger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,634
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
Liberals up here are usually people who are pretty easy going and believe in live and let live.

Really? Here, that description would fit a libertarian (that's me {and most of my friends).

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
The liberals as a political party are a bunch of blathering idiots.

That's not reserved for politicians in my book. It's just the way liberals seem to be in such a large majority, I expect it from all of them. I see it in much more the just the politicians.

To me, the liberalism of politicians stands out because they have a level of arrogance that allows them to strive for the ridiculous, even though the obvious screams "it won't work!" It's their arrogance that makes them think it's all OK because, on the inside, they "know" they're saving you from your stupid self, so when it's all said and done, you'll see "they were right." Our liberal politicians really believe that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
Conservatives up here are seen as traditionalists who don't really want a change, if it works.

That's what a conservative is by most standards. I'm not sure how well it would work in U.S. politics because there aren't enough conservative politicians to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
The conservative political party wants nothing more than to make the rich, richer and for people trying to earn a living to go on welfare and die.

This is a different twist (IMHO).

Again, we don't have enough conservative politicians for us to know but, well, I have a different view of what a conservative politician wants.

It seems as though, the conservative politicians who are "traditionalists that don't really want a change, unless the current (or old) way isn't working" don't want anyone to go on welfare and die. But, they don't seem to have a big problem with the rich getting richer. But, then again, neither do I.

The way I see it, as long as the rich are getting richer, they will be that much more likely to spend money, which translates to jobs for those who aspire to a better life. That's a good thing.

We are each a product of our respective environments and I think that's the difference in our points of view.

I've said for years, work should be incentivized and welfare should be a temporary last resort.

It seems, in Canada, welfare is heavily incentivized and getting rich is not the most popular thing. But what have you (plural) ended up with? A taxation rate that stops "getting rich" in it's tracks. Less jobs. And a Welfare state that is just plain scary. But, don't worry. The way things are going, the good ol' U.S. of A will soon make your system look like a gem.

Soon, not only will most Canadians have no where to go for high quality health care, in a hurry. Soon, it will be most Americans, too. Then, I think, we'll realize, it's the liberal politicians who want us all to go on welfare and die, because that's all most of us will be able to do if the liberal politicians' plans become law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
I'm liberal-minded but don't believe in changing shit if it works. Guess I'm sitting on the fence.

Based on what I've read from you post here, I'd say you're a libertarian (like me). I could be wrong but, think about this; Have you actually seen a truly conservative politician in action? If you conclude "no, now that I think about it, I haven't", you really are a libertarian, but the pool of politicians, from which you get to choose, is void of anything even close to a true conservative. In which case, I'd vote for anyone who even looks like he/she might be a conservative, just to see what happens. I mean, really, could it be any worse that is is now?

I know the U.S. is headed for very serious trouble, if we don't change our current direction very, very, soon. That means, from an economical standpoint, the world is headed for serious trouble. I won't bore everyone with the details. But, I see (IF we stay on the current path) an economic collapse that will have a profound, world-wide, effect.

Who (which countries) will survive? The answer to that question will be the most important part of the entire process. Why? Imagine a world where the most power resided in China? Or worse ...

But, I digress. Sometimes, I just can't help it.

Some of my friends are conservative and, while I don't agree with them about everything, I lean their direction in most cases for a multitude of reasons.

Some of my friends are liberals and I get along with them just fine, too. I just see so much "dreaming" about how things would be, if everyone "gave everything to the down trodden", I have a problem believing there could ever be that type of world.

If it did happen, what would be the reason for living? Liberals seem to forget the fact that, if everything was "free" (IMHO, that's the best way to describe the utopia they seem to strive for, based on everyone being "equal"), everything would also be consumed at a rate beyond anything they have ever imagined. Then what? The answer is (when we get down to the last remnants of usable goods) the world would become a "DOG eat dog" world and we'd be right back to Capitalism. Until that point, I think we would have a very boring existence anyway (so what's the point?).

P.S.: I almost didn't "submit" this reply because I think I'm opening a can of worms. I know some people will have more question than answers for my post. The fact is; I just can't explain everything I'm touching on (in a timely manner), so I purposely made it short. Trust me, I could go on and on. But, aren't you already bored?
__________________
Mine might be a POS, but I like it.
One of my favorite clichés is "When the green light pops, the bullshyt stops!"
An11SecRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
An11SecRanger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,634
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fairlane
I tend to be a bit liberal on a lot of issues, however I see a lot of truth in this. I didn't really laugh but I cracked a smile which is pretty good for me.


I laughed out loud at a few of those. Not because I'm a conservative, or a liberal. Rather, because I'm neither.
__________________
Mine might be a POS, but I like it.
One of my favorite clichés is "When the green light pops, the bullshyt stops!"
An11SecRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
skeezix
Resident railfan.
 
skeezix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: West Chezzetcook,N.S.
Posts: 7,435
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

11sec, I think what we have here is a difference in how we each see liberal and conservative. There's the "pure" definition of liberal and conservative, and then there's political parties that they're named after, up here. That was my point. One party is to help the rich and screw the middle class(Conservative Party of Canada) and the other is to throw the country down the toilet and sell it out(Liberal Party of Canada), we also have the New Democratic party, the Bloc' Quebecois(whose goal is to separate Quebec from Canada), The Green party, and a whole shitload others. But mostly it's either the Conservatives(tories) or the Liberals(grits) that end up in power and neither seems to do what's right for the country.

Rich people don't really spend too much here, with the government system they say, "Screw it, you guys tax too much, I'm going to live or register my company abroad". and that's how it rolls.
__________________
"Ain't capitalism grand?"

2010 Pontiac G5 sedan
1977 Malibu Classic 2dr., 'Rhiannon' R.I.P. (still out there somewhere)
1986 GMC 1/2-ton, 'Gus' -for sale
skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
20#GSX
faster than you!
 
20#GSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 516
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markass
My sigline on another forum:

"i like guns, knives and having a job. so i vote conservative"


you must be fucking scared if you need to tote a gun and knife around with you. grow some balls bitch.
__________________
'95 Eclipse GSX AWD
16G turbo,Apex front mount intercooler,fuel pump upgrade,550CC injectors,20# boost with 110 octane,k&n intake,3" down pipe,GReddy catback,electronic boost control,H&R springs,GAB shocks, RRE rear swaybar, Toyo Proxes RA-1's 225/50/16's on Prime 16X7 alloys.
1/4 mile run: 11.631@119.37
You may not like me but your mama sure does!
20#GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Grape Ape MMC Arcade Champ!
Been there, thought that
 
Grape Ape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: S.FL- soon to be N. FL
Posts: 7,276
vBookie Cash: $200

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20#GSX
you must be fucking scared if you need to tote a gun and knife around with you. grow some balls bitch.

You must be scared, knowing that many of the people you ALREADY fear are also armed, making them seem even more dangerous to the likes of you. It must be what gives you that sense of insecurity when speaking to such people in public, where you're SCARED to say what you say online. This is comical...

As to the original list of comments, it's fairly accurate in todays screwed up society. What conservatives want is to be left alone. What liberals want is total control over everyone ELSE, while they personally show none.
__________________
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #12
An11SecRanger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,634
vBookie Cash: $500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezix
11sec, I think what we have here is a difference in how we each see liberal and conservative. There's the "pure" definition of liberal and conservative, and then there's political parties that they're named after, up here. That was my point. One party is to help the rich and screw the middle class(Conservative Party of Canada) and the other is to throw the country down the toilet and sell it out(Liberal Party of Canada), we also have the New Democratic party, the Bloc' Quebecois(whose goal is to separate Quebec from Canada), The Green party, and a whole shitload others. But mostly it's either the Conservatives(tories) or the Liberals(grits) that end up in power and neither seems to do what's right for the country.

Rich people don't really spend too much here, with the government system they say, "Screw it, you guys tax too much, I'm going to live or register my company abroad". and that's how it rolls.



That (last) statement is true and I think the Fair Tax is (at least a huge part of) the solution. If we tossed out all the taxes businesses have to pay, we'd have much more going on (because the "rich" would invest) and we could aspire to be "rich" (or not, but at least we'd be working).
__________________
Mine might be a POS, but I like it.
One of my favorite clichés is "When the green light pops, the bullshyt stops!"
An11SecRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.




Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © ModernMuscleCars.net