Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
65fairlane MMC Arcade Champ!
Idiot

vBookie Cash: $24200

Default Any Video game Junkies out there?

I have been playing a fair bit of video games lately since the quarter wrapped up. I was curious if anybody else out there plays, and if so what system do you like best? PS3, genesis, Atari 2600? Anyone buying one of the next gen consoles?
Old 12-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #2
John
is a fucking asshole

vBookie Cash: $500

I like my PC best but for a quick fix, my PS2 and GT4 get me good. I also have a GameCube, Gameboy Advance, N64, Super Nintendo, the original NES, Playstation 1 and Playstation 2.

I pretty much play the Playstation 2 because I don't feel like unhooking it and hooking something else up.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
Slow Nova MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $4300

I've got 2 consoles - PS1 & Gamecube. The PS1 hasn't even been powered on for about 2 years, but I use the Gamecube once in a while. I've only got about a dozen games for it. My favorites are:

Cabela's Outdoor Adventures 2006 - This one really tests your patience
Simpson's: Hit & Run - Basically the Simpson's version of Grand Theft Auto
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

If I buy a new console, it'll probably be the Wii (in a year or 2, when the price comes down). The PS3 is great and all, but I can't see spending that much money on a video game console.

I've also got a NES Emulator on my PC with ~120 games. Every once in a while, it's fun to play Mike Tyson's Punch Out or the original Zelda.
'98 Explorer 5.0
No more Slow Nova
Slow Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
JustaV6
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $610

I'm still happy with my PS2... i have Guitar Hero II so i'm set for a long time

I'm hooked on that game... i absolutely love playing Freebird
352rwhp/342ftlbs @ 8 pounds of Boost in 100* Temp

SPONSORED BY: HANS RACECRAFT

TUNED BY: Bob Kurgan of KURGAN Motorsports

~~~ Hoofbeats are louder than heartbeats ~~~
JustaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
John
is a fucking asshole

I don't have many games either. My favorites are the Gran Turismo series games. I have a blast playing them and some of the engines sound awesome on the home theater.

I have LEGO Star Wars and that is a blast to play. I really liked the Transformers game for the PS2 also and Twisted Metal: Black is good for that aggression release every so often. Not to mention it has a killer sound track with not only the original Stone song Paint It Black but a good cover by a band I never heard of before. I have a game called Sky Gunner which is also cool but very hard to play by yourself. If you have a 2nd player though, most of the levels are easy. But most of my stuff is from my PS1 and I don't play them much anymore. Mainly because I don't live at home anymore and I can't play as many games with my brother. We used to play Army Men 3D, the Tekken and Virtua Fighter games and race each other in the GT games.

The Game Cube has a few Mario games plus Godzilla Destroy All Monsters and Freaky Flyers. Not much else there. The only reason I have the N64 and the Super Nintendo systems are the Mario games and those are the only games I have for those systems. I have the usual favorites from the original NES, Excitebike, RC ProAm, Operation Wolf, Mario Brothers (all 3) and so on. I haven't played that in a long time though.

My computer though, the best games I have played are on that. Warcraft, Warlords, Cossacks: The Art of War, Test Drive series, European Air War, Doom (all 3), Castle Wolfenstien, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Soldier Of Fortune...that list is HUGE! Hands down though, the best gaming platform is my PC. It is so versatile and if you build a system meant for playing games, you can get performance out of it that blows away any game console, anywhere.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #6
TNT MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $19100

MY all time favorite games are Square's Final Fantasy series. I recently started playing them again, I'm currently running through the US release of FF3 on my SNES. Next I'll dust off my PSX and start in on FF 7-9.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
Carpet_Liquer
Veteran

I got: Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, N64, Gameboy Advance SP and Xbox.

I bought the wheel & pedals for the Xbox for all the driving games I have, it makes a HUGE difference. I have one of the seats out of our van sitting on the floor so I can buckle up, grab the wheel and pedals and drive like Andretti!!!

I still play GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas alot, Halo 1 & 2, Doom 3.....but mostly driving games.

Unreal Tournament on my new computer is awsome. The 19 inch widescreen makes a hugh difference.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
Spenser01 MMC Arcade Champ!
Project Builder

vBookie Cash: $160

I have a PS2, and an X-Box, i play driving games like gt3&4, and need for speed games, i also play project gotham, and halo.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
Idiot

Wow, a lot of varied interests around here. I have been playing excite truck for the wii a lot lately its a fun arcade style racer. I have been really into the fullmetal alchemist game for PS2, its a square enix thing, similar but less advanced than the final fantasy games. I like halo 2 like a lot of you guys, but I think that time splitters 2 has a better single player mode. I could never get the car to stay on track with project gotham, I have to stick with Gran tourismo for realistic racing.
65fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #10
87accordlxi

I've upgraded to the 360 this year, Justin
Old 12-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Idiot

Nice joe, you should PM me you cell number, we should hang out sometime.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:36 PM   #12
maverick2010
King Cobra

vBookie Cash: $250

Just got a X-box Crystal I've got King Kong, Medal of Honor Front Line & European Assault, Desert Storm 2 Road to Baghdad. Ghost Recon, Splinter cell, Terminator 3 The Redemption, Rainbow 3
91 LX 5.0LGT-40 Heads, Crane Powermax 2020 Cam.Griffin 3 core Aluminum Rad, Cobra intake 65mm TB.1.7 ratio Crane RR. 3.73 Ratio KN Cold air Induction. BBK-1515 Short Unequal Chrome, Hedman X-pipe 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbos.76mm MAF,110LPH Carter Fuel Pump. 16 " 2800cfm Electric Fan .Mac Short throw Shifter.Mac 4100 Underdrive Pulleys.high torque lite weight racing starter.3G 130amp Alternator.24lb FM Injectors WM 76mm Mass. 14.8 at 93.54mph
maverick2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 PM   #13
XboxGuy
MIA

vBookie Cash: $2300

Well, started playing games when I was a toddler with the old 2600. I have had about every system since then. I currently have an Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, and gamecube hooked up. With everything else in the closet. I have been thinking about getting the new Wii since it looks great and is cheap... the PS3 is going to have to wait until they bring the price down several hundred dollars.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
Tang
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $53300

Im mostly a PC gamer. Was into Swat4 for quite some time, now I've moved off onto Rainbow Six: Vegas.

But I have Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and the expansion, Doom 3, Call Of Duty 2, and a few more I like. Seems Im mostly a shooter kind of guy
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #15
DeckSetter
The Coolest Guy You Know

vBookie Cash: $396

I usually play Windows Pinball or Solitaire while I'm waiting for MMC to load on my 28.8 DIALUP connection..........

When I'm feeling really ambitious I'll play Starfox on my Nintendo 64 or something on my Nintendo or Super Nintendo.

I've got an Atari 2600 somewhere. There used to be a guy at the local flea market that had all kinds of Atari games and controllers and stuff. I got a set of paddle controllers there in perfect condition.

I think my next ebay purchase will be a Sega Genesis. I always wanted one when I was a kid. Sonic the Hedgehog is quite possibly the best game of all time.

'97 Dakota Sport - Club Cab, 4x4, 5.2l, 5spd, 3.92's, 3" body lift, 33x12.5 15 Cooper Discoverer S/T's
DeckSetter is offline   Reply With Quote