Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > Tech > General Tech
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
maverick2010
King Cobra

vBookie Cash: $250

Lost the pin that holds brake shoe on. Fashioned one out of 3 " spike. bent to shape and hardened it. work great even sold the truck no complaints from the new owner.
91 LX 5.0LGT-40 Heads, Crane Powermax 2020 Cam.Griffin 3 core Aluminum Rad, Cobra intake 65mm TB.1.7 ratio Crane RR. 3.73 Ratio KN Cold air Induction. BBK-1515 Short Unequal Chrome, Hedman X-pipe 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbos.76mm MAF,110LPH Carter Fuel Pump. 16 " 2800cfm Electric Fan .Mac Short throw Shifter.Mac 4100 Underdrive Pulleys.high torque lite weight racing starter.3G 130amp Alternator.24lb FM Injectors WM 76mm Mass. 14.8 at 93.54mph
maverick2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
rodslinger MMC Arcade Champ!
this space for rent

vBookie Cash: $25

I've got a few. Not all related to jury rigged repair but potentially interesting....

This one relates to the 2000 Dakota I used to have. At the time I was helping a guy rehab houses. I had to do a quick seal on a window jamb and grabbed a can of Great Stuff. And it is great stuff! Anyway when I was done I just tossed it in the back of the truck. Well it so happened to land perfectly on a nail sticking up from a board and proceeded to shoot up in the air and spin around like a Great Stuff branded firework. Stuff went all over the bed, trailer, back window of the truck and ME. A few pics..

Of course working in construction means you forget to bring your radio half the time. This usually results in me blaring the radio on the truck. So one day I decided to bust off the door panel and inspect the now severely rattling speaker only to find the specialized Infinity speakers are 2ohm. No feeling like spending $$$ on some aftermarket 2ohm speakers to swap in I grabbed a tube of Liquid Nails and proceeded to repair the speaker surround. I figured since it is already blown what could it hurt to try.

You know what? It worked! That speaker lasted another two years.

Then there is this little gem. This is one of those things that is all my fault.

Same Dakota.... At this point this truck had nearly 200k on it and the interior was DIRTY. I literally spent an entire weekend cleaning this truck. I pulled the seats, carpet, trim, etc... Scrubbed all the plastic, removed the seat covers and washed them. Scrubbed the carpet. The inside of this thing looked brand new.

Needless to say I took a road trip the next day. I pulled off late at night to get a 44oz caffiene shot (Diet Coke). Pulling out of the gas station I got a little generous with the gas and didn't notice the big ass pothole coming out of the place. On impact my big ol' bladder buster ejected onto the passenger side carpet and mat. Nice...

rodslinger is offline   Reply With Quote