Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Markass
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $25

Default "What a Cunning array of stunts.. " Im back ya Cork soakers!

Chicka pocka chicka pocka chicka pocka... its all pops and clicks from here!

first off, let me say the Ive never been So drunk, for so long, in my life. and the scene is an absolute circus. i cant wait to go back. and now we'll see how many can name this famous quote.. [scot accent] "It's a Grrrrrrrrrreat Grrrrrrrreat day for Motorrrrrrrrrrcarrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrracing!" [/scott accent]

Day 1: Friday: Arrive at Halifax international airport, Check in, check our bags. Flight doesnt leave till 10:30.. "hmmm lets go to the bar" and so me and my uncle left for the bar.

Time to board the plane. weve each had 3 "wobbly pops" Flight was uneventful, had another beer on route to MTL.

touch down in MTL hop a cab to O'tel (O'tel is our groups word for hotel.. these guys have a lot of thier own little sayings and such)
(A cab ride in montreal is like... being in the back seat of a car in Grand theft auto.. its a fucking video game.)
So me and my uncle get to O'tel. drop off our bags and Hit up a Deppaneur (another little term used within the group, means corner store) and we stock up on some Pops de wobbly. and wait for the rest of the group that was to arrive friday (some of the others came sat morning) So Steve and pam get there about an hour after us
and he head to track (never "the track" just "to track")

we pack up some "travellers" (beer) and walk to the metro. and catch final practice and the Ferrari challenge series Qualifying, and Formula BMW, as well as the Historic gran prix qual's.
the Historics were incredible. there was a old "cigar tube" ferrari and lotus.

The sound of the F1 cars live... if you havent seen a Race live. GO sometime before you die. its indescribable.

We go for supper some resturanut called minerva. i had fettucini carbonera it was great. This resturaunt also lets you bring your OWN WINE OR BEER from outside. they even remove the corks for you for free. (can you see why i LOVE this city?) so, some good food and 4 or 5 bottles of wine later we go back to O-tel

Drink some more and hit the sack

Day 2: Saturday: Awake around 8:00 am and shower and such. Head to the Bourkes room and regroup to go for breakfast. Also have a few "Eye openers"

Head to Denos for breakfast. Abuse the staff They take it in stride, Cuase They go there every year. and Know these yahoos Woof those into us and head to a Depaneur For some travellers. Then its off to Trrack for some racing and F1 Qualifying

Meet up with our friends from New york, and do some drinking on the "grassy knoll" a pactch of grass on the front straight. and then head up to our seats. in grandstand 31, over looking turns 8 and 9. Also Bought a KICK ASS ferrari shirt. The new yorkers were telling me i was going to hell for it (they're mclaren fans! lol )

Then we headed for supper, went to a sushi place. it was really good. on our way in we saw in the parking lot, a 348 Spyder, a 360 modena, and a 550 maranello. and in the row opposite them, a Porsce GT2

Back to Otel after that for more beers. then sleep.

up bright and early to get ready. the others were all pretty hungover, due to copius ammounts of red wine.. i was as well, but not as bad.. we all get showered and shaved me and Steve were sportin the ferrari threads. off to denos for our raceday breaky. then off to track Things werent looking good for ferrari, starting back in the 4th row. but mikey somehow pulled off a win.

i buy some more ferrari merch halfway thru the race, a Giant flag, and a hat. at this point D-hill (his name is dave hill but we just say D-hill cause of Damon hill the driver) Calls me satan.

We all then walked the track and went back to the grassy knoll for some more drinkin. and drinking... and drinking..

Back to Otel after that to get cleaned up for supper. we went to this rib place called the Bar-B-Barn. Fucking GOOD. Much more drinking done here. much much more.

after that we mosey our way over to Jacques Villenueves Bar, "newtown"

EXTREMLY CLASSY PLACE. Spot a Nsx Convertible across the street from the balcony. by this point, Myself, Ewwy, D-hill, Steve, my uncle, Pam, Peno, Tammy, becca, Orrin, and jim and bill, are completly faced. Especially steve and bill. we stay at newtown for a while, when me and the New yorkers head to "Chez Paris" One of the Best peeler bars in town..

And i will tell you all this. The french, have VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRRY Good Genes.

8 bucks a lapdance. it was nice. Me, ewwy, and dhill got home around 4 am wonderful time.

"Oh my...what a cunning array of stunts."

untill this morning. i was HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTIN.....

anywys, that was my weekend and pics are coming as soon as they get emailed to me.

Last edited by Markus : 06-14-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Markass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 PM   #2
GT-Treb

Got my ticket right here for the US Grand Prix. 3rd year in a row. We pitch a tent on friday and let the party begin. Can't wait...4 more days and it is F1 time!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #3
Mr. P
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $1025

Hey, you don't get out much, this was a good field trip to the big city for ya. The guy paying the bill for that wine opened at the table also paid the corkage fee, by the way, probably $15 to $20 but still less than their markup. :-)

Uhhhh, next time you're out at a nice restaurant, don't order the "heart attack on a plate".

Time to give the liver a break.

regards, Mr. P

Better to stay silent and let them wonder, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Never wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
Never try to teach a pig to sing, it's a waste of time and you run the risk of offending the pig.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and win with experience.
Mr. P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
skeezix
Resident railfan.

vBookie Cash: $500

Readin' dat, hit make my eys ache fer sure, you know dat, when you say dat like da french you!

2010 Pontiac G5 sedan
1977 Malibu Classic 2dr., 'Rhiannon' R.I.P. (still out there somewhere)
1986 GMC 1/2-ton, 'Gus' -for sale
skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #5
Markass
Veteran

No no p.. we bought the Wineage for like 10 bucks a bottle down the road at the corner store.

Old 06-15-2004, 11:47 PM   #6
Markass
Veteran

"Portrait of 2 idiots"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me+stevesmall.jpg (23.1 KB, 9 views)