Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > Traffic Jams
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Grape Ape MMC Arcade Champ!
Been there, thought that

vBookie Cash: $200

Default Does anyone listen to music anymore?

On this site, I mean.

For some reason, I just noticed it's been more than 2 YEARS since anyone posted in this forum and it's not the only one. Man this place has gone to the crapper...

Now I miss the way it was... When EVIL ran it!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
65fairlane MMC Arcade Champ!
Idiot

vBookie Cash: $24200

I only listen to music in the car these days. There isn't much new stuff out there that I can stand, I guess I am officially old.
65fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Been there, thought that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fairlane
I only listen to music in the car these days.

Only the car? What happened to the house? I listen in the "car" daily, but only because I would be bored outta my mind otherwise. At home, it's relaxing.

Quote:
There isn't much new stuff out there that I can stand,

Well, step AWAY from the hard rock stuff. As you age, the new stuff gets worse and worse. The only reason for that is, you get better and better taste and the repeated rock-n-roll ideas just get a "meaner" tone to them. I guess to find that ragged edge... Whatever, I'll take country. Though there's countless jokes(rarely any good ones) about that genre, there's always going to be things everyday people relate to because it's a story about everyday life in nearly every song.

Personally though, I listen to talk radio as much (or more than) as anything else. Talk ... about getting old... heh

Quote:
I guess I am officially old.

Oh damn... That makes Jay friggin' ancient and now I know why the Old Man hasn't been posting lately... Sorry to figure it out this way... poor fella.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
TNT MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $19100

I listen to music all the time. In the car, in the shower, if there's nothing good on TV. I just haven't been posting here about it.

I just finished going through my mp3 collection to make some room on one of my harddrives. Over the past year I've been downloading lots of music torrents. Things like every ZZTop album ever in 1 zip file, or ACDC, Fishbone and others. After going through all of that and deleting the songs I don't like much, then deleting the ones that were duplicates I ended up getting rid of over 6000 files. Cleared a few GBs too.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Been there, thought that

One day, I may break down and get an MP3 player... My woman has one, but I never bother with it myself. We do have a fair number of CD'a, but I spend more time listening to talk radio these days. It helps keep my mind straight and I hear news too. Don't watch much TV anymore, but that's only because I decided I don't want cable, etc. because I can't really get the package I want where I live. What a waste of a 50" flat screen... But I do have video games, which I've played a bit recently.