Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #61
JeeberD
Post Whore Supreme

vBookie Cash: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
This could turn out to be a very entertaining thread.

Or not.

I wonder what the Muscle Car people are going to think of us after reading this drivel...
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #62
tanglewood
FOFC

I still can't believe I am taking part in what is essentially a spamfest that is endorsed by SkyDog. I mean, am I dreaming?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #63
KWhit
FOFC Buttmunch

I just called myvBookie and put $100 down on the vFalcons to vcover the vpointspread.

vAwesome!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #64
MikeVic
Cooly McCool

I have a 94 Hyundai Excel!!

How do I play Baseball Stars??
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:09 AM   #65
CleBrownsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
What's up Civic buddy!

I had a 1988 Chevy Cavalier convertible in high school...I don't think that's a muscle car, though.

Sure it is... Cavalier - 1977 GTO same thing in my eyes
CleBrownsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #66
KWhit
FOFC Buttmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I wonder what the Muscle Car people are going to think of us after reading this drivel...

They will have keen insight into us, I think.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #67
VPI97
Wacky World of FOFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
How do I play Baseball Stars??

With a joystick.

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #68
KWhit
FOFC Buttmunch

Entertain me.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #69
Suicane
Lesbian Wrestler

Ok, for the past few years i've been thinking of trying to customize some of my old wrestling figures, I found a basic enamel paint set in walmart 2 years ago and painted a couple of my old figures, some came out ok, some were blotchy, i knew that I was doing something wrong and gave up on the idea as is my MO.

Fast forward to now, I've just purchased a bulk lot of old figures and seriously want to do some customizing on these babies but i have zero knowledge in how what I need to do to make things look good, the painting and design part I can handle, its the specs of the actual paints that i need help with and I figured maybe somebody(ies) here could point in the right direction,

Question 1- Ive read about adding thinners to enamel paints before using them, but i have no idea what this means.

Question 2- The figures are hard plastic, 20 years old with paint already on them, heres an example

I used this pic to show an extreme example of paint on a figure already, obviously some only have paint on regular tights, not long tights.

What would I go about using to remove the paint already on the figure, or is it even possible, would I just have to apply a few coats of a lighter colored (white?) base and then start from there?

Question 3- Is their something that i should add to the figure once i'm done painting to preserve it, make it more illustrious etc..?

Question 4- And this is the bigee, does anyone know of a place online that has a detailed inventory of paints that I can look at it and see what i'm buying etc.? Ive gone thru 20 sites but most seem to take into account that you know what you're doing and just have a list of colors, no images or anything.
Suicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #70
JasonC23

"Gosh, you're an upbeat lady!"
JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #71
castlerock

Carl Spackler: So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff. Here, I've got pounds of this.

Carl Spackler: Pay no attention to that bush, moving around over there by that tree, it's just a bush. Nothing to look twice at. Nothing to be alarmed about. This looks like it could be gravy. I smell varmint poontang, and the only good varmint poontang is dead varmint poontang. Freeze gopher!

Carl Spackler: License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote.

Carl Spackler: What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta no where to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away - he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd - going wild - for this young Cinderella, he's come outta no where, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing - that's - Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - It's in the Hole
castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #72
spleen1015
Resident Rupturable Organ

Colin just said he always thought Bonds bulked up with Raisin Bran.

I like Colin Cowherd.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #73
digamma

digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #74
MikeVic
Cooly McCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
With a joystick.

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #75
wademoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane
I saw a kid in the park all excited cause his Kite was in the air, i thought to myself, man, it's a kite, that's what it's supposed to do........now if it was a chair up in the air, that would be something for that kid to get excited about, you have to run like a mother****** to get a chair up in the air.

I just wanted to see the pretty quote bubble...

it is pretty...

There are fun smilies...

we need to steal them...

but.. on a serious note... it seems to work well so far...
wademoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread