Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #16
drummerwookie

vBookie Cash: $500

just curious, but what year is it?...bc some newer vehicles, like 2002 or so and newer have little black boxes in them just like on an airliner..they show everything that happens seconds before a wreck, including speed, and maybe thats what they were talking about, BUT, they only check that out after it was in a wreck..

i dont know, just a thought
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

That is a good thought, but I guess it wouldn't play into the picture since I didn't wreck it, haha.

It's a 2001, by the way.
bl3wbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #18
drummerwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl3wbyu
That is a good thought, but I guess it wouldn't play into the picture since I didn't wreck it, haha.

It's a 2001, by the way.

it could still have the black box in it being an 01...not sure when they started doing that, but im assuming each manufacture started at different times

but yes, that what im saying, only if you wreck it, you dad will know you were speeding, BUT, if it does come down to that, id be a lot more worried about something else other then speeding..lol
Old 12-05-2006, 09:52 AM   #19
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
id be a lot more worried about something else other then speeding..lol

Haha, yeah...exactly.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #20
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

Oh, I almost forgot to mention.

I had a little fun in the Suburban Sunday on my way home from church, just before I put the Jeep together and had to give the keys to the Suburban back. I was merging onto I40 east from Peters Creek Parkway. That entrance ramp is looooong, and the last curve in it is fairly gradual, and you have a pretty long merge lane to worry with traffic.

So, anyhoo, I had been driving around real docile like through town, just enjoying the quality of the car, but when I got on the entrance ramp, I decided it was time to 'get up to speed' (meaning like 30mph faster than anyone else is going ). So, when I entered that last, real gentle turn in the entrance ramp, I burried the gas pedal.

I wasn't expecting much at all, 'cause noise is really all I'd gotten before out of it. It sounds great, but it's just too heavy to take off, so I was just expecting it to start accelerating at a slightly faster pace while sounding good. Well, I was surprised! I had to counter steer!

Boy, was that a shocker! Now, just to clarify, it wasn't anything awing...I didn't even have to turn the wheel the opposite way, just less in the same direction, but it slid out *a little* just the same.

Was fun.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #21
drummerwookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl3wbyu
Oh, I almost forgot to mention.

I had a little fun in the Suburban Sunday on my way home from church, just before I put the Jeep together and had to give the keys to the Suburban back. I was merging onto I40 east from Peters Creek Parkway. That entrance ramp is looooong, and the last curve in it is fairly gradual, and you have a pretty long merge lane to worry with traffic.

So, anyhoo, I had been driving around real docile like through town, just enjoying the quality of the car, but when I got on the entrance ramp, I decided it was time to 'get up to speed' (meaning like 30mph faster than anyone else is going ). So, when I entered that last, real gentle turn in the entrance ramp, I burried the gas pedal.

I wasn't expecting much at all, 'cause noise is really all I'd gotten before out of it. It sounds great, but it's just too heavy to take off, so I was just expecting it to start accelerating at a slightly faster pace while sounding good. Well, I was surprised! I had to counter steer!

Boy, was that a shocker! Now, just to clarify, it wasn't anything awing...I didn't even have to turn the wheel the opposite way, just less in the same direction, but it slid out *a little* just the same.

Was fun.

i love that feel, when your moving around 40 or so and just punch the gas...damn that feels good..lol..when i had my lexus GS400, it had the manumatic 5-speed trans, where i could change gears with buttons on the steering wheel, and one day, i had about 4 other people in the car with me, so i wasnt expecting it to move fast with that much extra weight, but i put it in the manumatic mode, and kicked it down to 2nd gear while tailing a guy going 45 in a 55....i floored it and by the time i got around him, i was going 85...lol...i had to slow down, didnt expect to get up there that fast with so many people..lol...but i guess thats what 300 horses will do
Old 12-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #22
bl3wbyu
n00b...no kiddin'

Sounds like a fun ride!