Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #31
MikeT
Stuck in 1989

vBookie Cash: $500

Hey SS, about the jews. That site is lumping an entire race into one catagory. And trying to blame them for our problems. Sounds an awful lot like germany in the 1930's to me.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:06 PM   #32
Adrenalin MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $1025

I want to write alot more then I am fixing to but I promised to take my daughter out for a bit which I am fixing to do.

Questions for you that do not believe in God.

Just like politics, noone here is going to change anyones veiws about what they believe. A person will believe whatever it is they want to believe. I personally do believe in God. I do believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I consider myself a Christian but I will admit I am only human and am far from perfect. That being said here are those questions.

1.) How did we all get here? (meaning the earth...everything)

2.) What is the difference between micro-evolution and macro-evelution?

3.) How old is the earth?

there are several other questions that are interesting but just answer those with some proof for me.

Fact is we weren't around when God created the earth or when it just developed(whatever is your view of how the earth got here), we just weren't here. We read history books, the Bible, etc. and we put our faith in one or the other depending on which you believe.

I'll check back later.

....also I couldn't agree more Jay. There are alot of so called Christians that give the Faith a bad image.
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:02 PM   #33
JAY
"Mullet Man"

vBookie Cash: $5250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
the advent of antibiotics and other medicine have basically halted human evolution, cause with them.. we no longer have a NEED to evolve.

Oh my God! You're dumber than I even thought! I guess the Monkeys are taking antibiotics too? They must be since they are no longer evolving? Also... Why did some of them evolve and some did not and are still Monkeys? Evolution is a fools theory!

Markus, maybe when you mature and / or sober up, you will see things differently. Just look around you, only a fool would belive that it all "just happened"! It blows my mind that anyone could belive that nothing begot everything! Carpet has some 70's star trek ideas on how we got here, but it's nothing but ribbish! No offense Carpet, I don't have a problem with you and you know that we dissagree.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #34
MikeT
Stuck in 1989

people will never agree on anything. We here can't even agree on wood vs plastic!

In the end its the ones with the most guns that say what goes.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #35
Markass
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $25

Actually jay, They are. i forget what news site it was on (i can dig it up if i have too) But there was a monkey who started walking on 2 legs vs 4. Hmm. Funny thing that.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #36
BurnOut
Speaker of the Truth

vBookie Cash: $1025

Adrenalin- to be honest, I don't have the answers to your questions... there are, of course, countless theories out there, but there is no reason to rehash them all here. My stance is that I don't know all the answers... and I'm okay with that. I'd rather say that I don't know the answer to a question than to give credit to a being whose existence can not be proven (or disproven, for that matter).

One thing to keep in mind, though, is all of the things that were once attributed to God(s), but science has since provided perfectly logical explanations for- the rising and setting of the sun (an ancient civilization believed that it was a fiery chariot being pulled through the sky), the sun being the center of our universe (the Catholic church refused for a long time to believe that God would put anything other than man at the center of the universe), etc... Add in beliefs that were once so widly held as to be accepted as fact (the earth is flat, etc...), and we can see that just because we (people in general) don't know the answers right now doesn't mean that we won't come up with them eventually. Maybe not in our lifetime, maybe not for another 1000 years... but (to me) that doesn't mean that a higher being is responsible for everything. Personally, I am comfortable with simply saying that I don't have all the answers... yet.

As for evolution, it does exist. It's irrefutable. Check out the story of the Peppered Moth in England during the Industrial Revolution; what happened was that the traditionally light colored moths that blended in with the pre-industrial environment became more easily visible to predators after the Industrial Revolution began... because factories burned coal, which in turn produced soot, which in turn polluted the environment around the factories. As a result, the overall population of the Peppered Moth came to have a darker color... because the darker moths blended in better in the dirty environment and so were more able to propagate. Because of the relatively short lifespan of the moths, these changes were evident in a short (to humans) time span.

All of that is fairly well documented... evolution is certainly nothing that occurs overnight; it takes several generations being exposed to the same stimulus in order for the "surviving" trait to become common. One thing worth noting is that when the trait first appears, it is essentially a mutation- a trait which sets one organism apart from similar organisms. If that trait allows that organism to live longer (and therefore procreate more), then after several generations, the mutation becomes common and could be considered a "feature".

That being said, I don't know that man came from ape... but I would find it believable that, over the course of a few million years, the traits of walking upright and having superior reasoning ability have allowed "mutant" apes to evolve (again, over hundreds and thousands of generations) into humans. Who says that we aren't still evolving?? Just because it's not something that we can see proof of in our day-to-day lives doesn't mean that it isn't happening... if it were possible to freeze ourselves and wake up in another 100,000 years, we might very well see some very glaring differences in other "people".

BTW- as before, my intent is not to offend... I am simply stating my beliefs and the support for them.

Speed costs money; how fast can you afford to go??
BurnOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 11:47 PM   #37
Tang
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $53300

Scientists preaching evoloution is like a kid coming up with all kinds of things he can do with a towel tied on like a cape. They are so busy rambling off ideas, they dont take time to realize how stupid the ideas are. Then , again, without thinking, they attempt to jump off the house and fly. Only to be carried away with a hard hard lesson learned. You evoloution believers have your hard lesson coming, just don't come crying to me for ice water........
Old 08-13-2004, 04:25 AM   #38
JAY
"Mullet Man"

Quote:
Actually jay, They are. i forget what news site it was on (i can dig it up if i have too) But there was a monkey who started walking on 2 legs vs 4. Hmm. Funny thing that.

BS! There have been and are some Chimps that do that, and the most popular one was called "Chimpmanze". After much study and a lot of scientific tests, they found nothing really special about him. Heck, I've seen Dogs walk on 2 feet, doesn't mean they are evolving into a Human!
Old 08-13-2004, 04:31 AM   #39
JAY
"Mullet Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOut
As for evolution, it does exist. It's irrefutable. Check out the story of the Peppered Moth in England during the Industrial Revolution; what happened was that the traditionally light colored moths that blended in with the pre-industrial environment became more easily visible to predators after the Industrial Revolution began... because factories burned coal, which in turn produced soot, which in turn polluted the environment around the factories. As a result, the overall population of the Peppered Moth came to have a darker color... because the darker moths blended in better in the dirty environment and so were more able to propagate. Because of the relatively short lifespan of the moths, these changes were evident in a short (to humans) time span.

All of that is fairly well documented... evolution is certainly nothing that occurs overnight; it takes several generations being exposed to the same stimulus in order for the "surviving" trait to become common.

Evolution does occur, but not the type that many people believe. I'm sure that God made things to evolve somewhat to adjust to their surroundings, but not to change species going from a Ape to a Human. Kinda like how people who live in the jungles -vs- people who live in the city. They have evolved to live in their surroundings. That does not mean that they will eventually in 1,000,000 years turn back into Apes!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:13 AM   #40
3SuperSports
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $29100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Hey SS, about the jews. That site is lumping an entire race into one catagory. And trying to blame them for our problems. Sounds an awful lot like germany in the 1930's to me.

I know what you mean Mike. I looked around and found deist.org. Thier site doesn't make mention of the jews etc. I think it might have only been that site admin's. opinions.
GM Loyal from June of 1976 until July of 2005.
3SuperSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:33 AM   #41
Tang
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $53300

Quote:

I have a dog that can walk on two legs. Maybe the change will hurry up, and she can drive me around. Bears can stand up and walk on two legs, wheres the bear men at ?

Markass, the more you talk, the dumber you sound. Yes, even I found that hard to believe, I had no idea you could seem any stupider. Funny thing that .
Old 08-13-2004, 10:15 AM   #42
Carpet_Liquer
Veteran

Quote:
Also... Why did some of them evolve and some did not and are still Monkeys? Evolution is a fools theory!

THATS my point Jay...someone HELPED us become human. Thats why apes still exsist. They took apes and with some genetic experimentation, they made humans. This took alot of playing to get it right. The Neanderthals were the first try. They were close but still dumb as apes. Then all of a sudden homosapiens showed up on the scene. No one knows how homosapiens came to be, they just showed up one day, out of no where.

Star Trek has nothing to do with what I believe, lots of reading and study have made me believe.

According to the Bible, after the flood, only Noah and his family were left on this Earth. But explain why the Inuit's, Inca's, Aztec's, Mayan's, 100's of Africian tribes, Ancient Egyptian's, Ancient Chinese and Ancient Japanese all have their own flood stories? Because the people that wrote the Bible didn't know about all those people. They didn't know any about North & South America and that people lived here. If the Bible is the word of God then he lied about Noah. Your God is full of shit.

You know Jay, I always have fun with this subject. :LOL:
Old 08-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #43
JAY
"Mullet Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet_Liquer
THATS my point Jay...someone HELPED us become human. Thats why apes still exsist. They took apes and with some genetic experimentation, they made humans. This took alot of playing to get it right. The Neanderthals were the first try. They were close but still dumb as apes. Then all of a sudden homosapiens showed up on the scene. No one knows how homosapiens came to be, they just showed up one day, out of no where.

Star Trek has nothing to do with what I believe, lots of reading and study have made me believe.

According to the Bible, after the flood, only Noah and his family were left on this Earth. But explain why the Inuit's, Inca's, Aztec's, Mayan's, 100's of Africian tribes, Ancient Egyptian's, Ancient Chinese and Ancient Japanese all have their own flood stories? Because the people that wrote the Bible didn't know about all those people. They didn't know any about North & South America and that people lived here. If the Bible is the word of God then he lied about Noah. Your God is full of shit.

You know Jay, I always have fun with this subject. :LOL:

I feel sorry for you Carpet. You have no idea how much I do! They have these stories because Noah recorded it and it made it's way down to them by passing down to the generations.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:28 AM   #44
Carpet_Liquer
Veteran

Quote:
They have these stories because Noah recorded it and it made it's way down to them by passing down to the generations.

So....then its not the word of God then?

And I feel sorry for you also!! We need to get together for a group hug or something!!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:45 AM   #45
JAY
"Mullet Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet_Liquer
So....then its not the word of God then?

And I feel sorry for you also!! We need to get together for a group hug or something!!

That's retarded? Of course it's the word of God, but do you actually believe that Noah didn't tell his future Grandchildren and so on, and they... The same to their Children and Grandchildren? I didn't realize that it was supposed to be a secret? Be logical, man!

As far as a hug goes.... Keep dreaming! Markass might give you one though.