Go Back   ModernMuscleCars.net > General > The Pit
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Home

Welcome to ModernMuscleCars.net.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. Registration is free! Click the register link above to proceed.
Our Sponsors
Advertise with us! Grundy
Collector car financing
J. J. Best
Collector car financing
Mecum Auctions
Collector car auction house.
Performance Restorations
Car restoration experts.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #61
XboxGuy
MIA

vBookie Cash: $2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang
Well, that one I can answer. The eye for an eye, came from the Old Testiment. After Christ was crucifide, then it went to the new testament. Which was rewriting the old laws. See, Jesus died for our sins, to keep God from destroying us, because he didn't tolerate sin, at all. Turn the other cheek came in the new testament I believe (If Im wrong, Im sorry). Just remember one thing man, it dont say how many times you got to turn the other cheek.

Now, yes, that new preacher at my church is leading people wrong. I believe they are looking for a new pastor now because a whole lot of the members left.

Kennis i know that, but my point is that both sayings are still in the book.... So which one are you supposed to go by? Why have two totally different things in the same book, both telling you to something that the other says not to do? Explain that for me please....
Old 08-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #62
Adrenalin MMC Arcade Champ!
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $1025

Why are we taught history in school?
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:06 PM   #63
IROC_ZO6 MMC Arcade Champ!
Registered Abuser

vBookie Cash: $4086

always to see a good religion thread in the pit...

sinners :devil: :skull:

:wgaf:

79 16' Action Marine/05 Merc Racing 2.5L 280ss- Built, not bought.
1991 2500 Suburban- Pump gas roller cammed 454 BBC, 3.73s
03 4.8 Arrival Blue Metallic GMC w/hips - DD with 1Bad MAFLess tune, Ace Racing 4L60E, 3200 CD stall, and 4.10s
"In the PIT just like you, in the PIT!"
IROC_ZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:16 PM   #64
Veteran

I know you are but what am I?!!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #65
Veteran

Oh and takes one to know one!!!!!

Old 08-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #66
XboxGuy
MIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalin

Are you relating that to what I said about the bible?
Old 08-15-2004, 05:01 PM   #67
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofSlackers
Are you relating that to what I said about the bible?

Yes. Maybe I was wrong at assuming you actually did understand Tangs reply.

Quote:
Well, that one I can answer. The eye for an eye, came from the Old Testiment. After Christ was crucifide, then it went to the new testament. Which was rewriting the old laws. See, Jesus died for our sins, to keep God from destroying us, because he didn't tolerate sin, at all. Turn the other cheek came in the new testament I believe (If Im wrong, Im sorry).

The old testament now becomes history as far as the laws that were rewritten is concerned.

Quote:
Kennis i know that, but my point is that both sayings are still in the book.... So which one are you supposed to go by? Why have two totally different things in the same book,both telling you to something that the other says not to do? Explain that for me please....

He answered your question with the bold text in his reply above.
I answered your question in my reply above, but will clarify more.

The two laws are not in the same book. Thus the Old, meaning well, Old and the New Testament well that would be the New, and as Tang has said the New Testament has re-written some of the old laws.

Finally, while I am no expert on the matter and as I am sure you are no expert Historian we can disect each reply all we want but we all know we can read one sentence and each have a different impression of what the sentence says. Naturally as adults we can get a pretty good idea of the basic point but nonetheless there is always going to be someone who says jees, when you said stop I thought you mean go or some dumb stuff like that.

As I stated before, more or less, I am not trying to force my views on anyone, that is not what I intend to sound like and I will appologise if I do but know that I am stating how and what I believe.

Last edited by Adrenalin : 08-15-2004 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:10 AM   #68
3SuperSports
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $29100

Thanks for all the replies. I didn't mean for this to get out of hand (even though I was pretty sure it would).
The thing I like about the Deist's is, I've felt this way for a long time without knowing it had been defined. I was always uncomfortable with the label athiest. I do believe there is a god or creator, but always confused by all the versions and interpretations of the bible. Being raised in a religion that I found to be a lie and seeing the potential corruption and or political agendas in some relogions kept me from being able to put my faith in another mortals opinion. I'm still researching, but feel pretty good about things right now.
GM Loyal from June of 1976 until July of 2005.
3SuperSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #69
Carpet_Liquer
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $500

Quote:
at any rate even if I am off by just the slightest the oldest corral reef The Great Barrier Reef is approximately 4200 years old.

Sorry but...that is is dumbest theory I've ever heard? Your basing the age of the earth by something that grows in the ocean...but your not taking into account that the area the the reef grows could have been dry land 10,000 years ago and that the land could have been dry land for 10 billion years.

As for changing the laws from the old to the new testament...which MEN decided to change them?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #70
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet_Liquer
Sorry but...that is is dumbest theory I've ever heard? Your basing the age of the earth by something that grows in the ocean...but your not taking into account that the area the the reef grows could have been dry land 10,000 years ago and that the land could have been dry land for 10 billion years.

As for changing the laws from the old to the new testament...which MEN decided to change them?

I take it you don't read the Bible.....

and as far as which men?....

Certainly not the Klingons!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #71
Tang
Veteran

vBookie Cash: $53300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet_Liquer

Captain Kirk or ET didnt change them either....lol

I believe it was Matthew,Mark,Luke and John that wrote the new stuff after Christ's death and resurection. In which if you read them, you would see a LOT of stuff that Jesus said. You know, its the red text. He told them how it was going to be from then on. He is the one that changed it, the 4 guys I mentioned just wrote it down.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:10 AM   #72
No Rice Allowed MMC Arcade Champ!
Instigator

vBookie Cash: $280

Quote:

I believe it was Matthew,Mark,Luke and John that wrote the new stuff after Christ's death and resurection. In which if you read them, you would see a LOT of stuff that Jesus said. You know, its the red text. He told them how it was going to be from then on. He is the one that changed it, the 4 guys I mentioned just wrote it down.

Star Trek IV quote:
Klingon Ambassador: There can be no peace as long as Kirk lives.
No Rice Allowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 04:07 PM   #73
XboxGuy
MIA

Quote:

So, you two are saying disregard what the old stuff says because it's not important anymore. And the new stuff is important because after Jesus died his "buddies" wrote down all the stuff that he had said.... but they did it after his death.... so there is a large margin of error.....

Quote:

See I have been thinking that myself but I didn't say anything, it's like the thing about the trees and deserts. Just because they are here now doesn't mean that they have had to be here since the beginning.... weather changes etc have to come into factor and land shifting etc.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:48 PM   #74
JAY
"Mullet Man"

vBookie Cash: $5250

Quote:
Certainly not the Klingons!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rice Allowed
Star Trek IV quote:
Klingon Ambassador: There can be no peace as long as Kirk lives.

You guys are killing me! Beam me up, Carpet!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #75
Veteran

Quote:
So, you two are saying disregard what the old stuff says because it's not important anymore. And the new stuff is important because after Jesus died his "buddies" wrote down all the stuff that he had said.... but they did it after his death.... so there is a large margin of error.....

Okay, not trying to be smart here in the least so keep that in mind when reading this please.

Who would you say is smarter or more equiped at documentaion? a buddy, a Tax collector, a Doctor or a fisherman?

Would a buddy simply jot something down when he had a second while a Tax collector, Doctor and Fisherman take the time to document the series of events with preciseness? I think you understand where that is going. I have never known Mathew, Mark, Luke or John while at the same time I have never met Darwin. Obviously all, are before my time.

Mathew, Mark, Luke and John each documented the events as they saw and understood it as individuals and all 4 texts are there for you to read and compare. If you alread have made up in your mind that you choose not to believe in the Bible I am wasting my time making an attempt to simplify it for you. Again that wasn't meant to be smart but if we are going to discect each sentence of a reply without reading or hearing the entire reply I am wasting my time...

Quote:
As the sun burns, it loses approximately 5,000,000 tons per second. Thus the sun is losing mass, or shrinking. Since this is a constant, it is logical to conclude that this means that the sun used to be bigger. If the earth is only a few thousand years old as some like to argue, this is no problem. If the earth is billions of years old and dinosaurs lived on it 70,000,000 years ago, the sun would have been so large that it would have touched the earth. Ouch! The earth cannot be that old.

That is another part of my reply that maybe was disregarded. Nonetheless, we find fault in one theory or the other but will stand beside it because of faith. I have faith in God and Jesus, and others that donot believe in God or a god have faith in evolution. It is ultimately your choice not mine, and as my beliefs go, God has given you the choice to believe or not belive but that again is up to you.

Quote:
See I have been thinking that myself but I didn't say anything, it's like the thing about the trees and deserts. Just because they are here now doesn't mean that they have had to be here since the beginning.... weather changes etc have to come into factor and land shifting etc.

While it is no big secret that the the website I am fixing to link is from a creationists perspective, if you haven't closed your mind to the idea of creation, then try to read some if not all of the ideas with an open mind.

Lastly but most importantly if you feel the need to state that this certain fact or the other certain fact that you find has faults or uncertainties post the ones that you cannot debate. I can say that they sky is light blue while someone else can say it is grey but the fact that there is a sky remains.

Link